Citi Community Development is looking for a summer design intern.
By Marshall Sitten / June 7, 2016
Update: this position has been filled.
Citi Community Development leads Citi’s commitment to achieving financial inclusion and economic empowerment for underserved individuals, families and communities by working with nonprofit and public agencies across the country to expand access to financial products and services, build sustainable business solutions and forge innovative partnerships.
We have a paid internship opportunity for someone who can help us with two projects:
- Design and produce a set of high-quality visual communications assets — for use both in print and online — that describe the issue context and impact of programs that Citi Community Development supports with its nonprofit and public-sector partners in a clear, accessible and compelling way. This includes, but is not limited to, infographics, “explainers” and other visual storytelling tools.
- Document the findings and outputs of the Designing for Financial Empowerment (DFE.nyc) initiative’s first three projects, gathering and organizing project materials such as discovery insights, participant stories, photos and other multimedia assets for later use in communications and outreach campaigns about this first-of-its-kind service design initiative in the City of New York.
Our ideal intern is someone who is:
- Intellectually curious, and has excelled academically
- Demonstrated interested in corporate social responsibility, financial inclusion or community development
- Currently enrolled in or in receipt of a Master’s Degree, preferably in a design-related field
- Excellent analytical, research, and writing skills
- Effective communication skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in designing attractive, functional visual communications materials, and in using data to explain complex subjects and tell complex stories in a clear, creative and accessible way
- Bachelor or advanced degree preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, works independently and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong project management, reporting, and record keeping skills.
- Strong technical knowledge, Excel and Word processing.